Thursday, May 5, 2011

I think I'm in love...

I speak from experience when I say I could listen to Terrence Mann all day long! As many of you know, I'm pretty new to the whole broadway/musical scene. It hasn't really been my cup o' tea until recently. And of everything I've heard so far, no one matches Terrence Mann's voice. He is incredible! Love, Love, LOVE him. Seriously, I can't get enough. He plays Chauvelin in the Original Broadway Cast of The Scarlet Pimpernel, Javert in the OBC of Les Miserables, and the Beast in the OBC of Beauty and the Beast, plus a few others.


He's amazing in everything, but The Scarlet Pimpernel really showcases his talent. Here's 'Where's the Girl' sung by TM.

Sing it to me Terrence!


The crazy thing? I didn't even discover Terrence Mann until I went with Brittany's family to see Viewmont High School's production of The Scarlet Pimpernel (Centerville, UT) on March 12.


I tell you what, these kids were amazing! Now, I'll be honest and admit I haven't seen many high school plays so there's not much to compare them to, but I have a hard time believing there are many colleges, let alone high schools, that could match their performance. In fact, I liked the lead girl's performance better than the OBC lead! She's actually in my Uncle Alan and Aunt Brenda's ward in Centerville. The guy playing Percy was incredible and I think the best actor of them all, but the one that impressed me most was the guy playing Chauvelin. Wow. I'll admit I was kind of crushing on a high schooler. I couldn't even really see his face from where I was sitting, but that voice! Was that really coming out of a 17 year old? Here are some samples so you get a taste. I wouldn't say he's as good as Terrence Mann, but he's by far the closest. In my mind, he's better than the other leading men who have sung on Broadway. Justs for kicks, YouTube other high schoolers singing "Where's the Girl" -- it will take you about a second to realize they're not even close.

Get this kid an agent! I'm like his #1 fan!! 'Falcon in the Dive' is great, but 'Where's the Girl' had all the ladies in the audience swooning.

Falcon in the Dive


Where's the Girl
The Riddle (Start this one at about 2:45 because it cuts there and starts over) Of course I love this one with Terrence Mann even better :)





Who's your favorite Broadway star?

No comments: