Saturday, August 6, 2011

Death of a Hockey Stick

So Thursday night in my co-ed leaugue I put my stick in the way of a guy winding up for a slapshot. My poor stick collided with the big oaf's. She didn't stand a chance. Although after the contact, I thought everything was ok because everything was intact. Then a few seconds later I went to wack the puck hard out of our zone and pbthhhh. It was like my stick had a hinge on it and just bent backwards like a noodle when I made contact with the ice.

I'm not just a little sad about this. Condolences are appreciated.

Here are some views of the wreckage.




The carnage


I mean, it's not a huge deal, I can just get another one. But I liked that stick alot. And it wasn't the most expensive stick you can get, but $85 down the drain isn't exactly a spilled slurpee.

At least it's not as bad as my friend Laura. She broke a $220 stick her husband got her for Christmas a few weeks ago, and Thursday night she broke her backup. Maybe we shouldn't play with guys, they hit harder.

2 comments:

Suedles said...

When is the funeral?

Little Megs said...

Sadly, I dumped her in the trash can without ceremony. As if her life wasn't worth commemorating. What's WRONG with me?! ::wailing!::