Monday, August 25, 2008

Vacation

Sorry about my lack of posts for the last few weeks but I've been having entirely too much fun on vacation to spend any time blogging about it. Many of you are now saying, "Um, I'm pretty sure you've been back for a week now. Slacker!" Alas, it is true, I've been putting it off because I have so many pictures, so very, very many pictures. So I've been thinking I should report my vacation in smaller installments or it's never going to get done. Here goes the first one...

BJ and I got into town on Monday night (8/5), roughed up my dad a little (it's our coming home ritual), and just hung out. Then the next morning I, the stupid person that I am, decided to get up at 5:45am and go to cross country practice with my sister. That's right, I got up at an insane hour on my first day of vacation to RUN of all things. What the- what was I thinking? Oh ya, and get this, BJ actually came too. Amazing. We ran to "Hell Hill" and back which is about 6 miles, and I'm pretty proud of myself because it felt really good despite my not having run for...a while. And talking to Coach Miller is always fun. Fatty!

----------------------------

Then that night we went to the Las Vegas Temple as a family to do work for our ancestors. I am so grateful to my Grandma Hunt who provided the names. She's a pro Genealogist (oops, Family History person), and is always finding more family members that need temple work done.

There's nothing better than going to the House of the Lord with your family, seeing them all dressed in white, and performing ordinances for family members you've never even met but somehow feel connected to because in a way they helped shape the person you are and your situation in life.

My Grandpa Mathews finished his work at the temple and stayed to help.


Mallory and I got some pretty good pictures while we waited outside for the rest of the family to finish.


Then afterwards we went to my dad's cousin Darin's house to hang out with his family. He and Grace have some great, fun kids. We're so glad they live here in Vegas so we can get together every once in a while. (Although they probably don't like it when we come over because my brothers tear up the house as much as the kids do :)).

I went to cross country practice again with Mallory on Thursday morning except I didn't run. Hey, they were doing hills alright!? I've paid my dues! Although they wanted me to run the last one with them (probably just so they could beat me - and they did). Sad huh? They had already run 9, I just ran the 1 and 2 girls beat me. Wait, wait, wait, maybe it was just one that beat me. Hah! Whatev. Then later that day we left for San Diego!

1 comment:

ksdavis6 said...

Meghan- I was looking back at old posts and the one you left me you asked me for my phone #, well here it is. 541-266-7347. Call me anytime, or better yet you could visit me anytime. tell your family hello, especially your mom. Call me. Sonya