Sunday, September 21, 2008

2008 Reptile Expo

First, my roommate Hailey and I had a soccer game yesterday morning in Spanish Fork. It was awesome because we played a really good team with "girls who played in college" and beat them 2-1. Hailey got the first goal in probably the 5th minute, and then I scored the winning goal with 2 minutes left in the game! It was awesome!

Then after the game I went to the Reptile Expo at the Utah State Fair grounds in SLC. I'm sure you can guess whose idea this little activity was ::cough:: bj ::cough::

Well it was really fun! My mom's cousin Kristy and her son Tyson met us there as well as Kristy's brother Tyler and his wife and two kids. I didn't get too many pictures but you better believe I at least got one of BJ and I holding a huge albino boa!


Tyler's kids loving the big snake! I tried to get them petting it but my camera was too slow snapping the picture :(
BJ also finally bought the camilion he's been saving for for a year. The camilion doesn't cost too much but he had to get the cage, plants, sticks for him to crawl on, the right food (yucky crickets that apparently escaped once and ate BJ's roommates alive while they slept), a heat lamp, etc. etc. So after collecting all the habitat stuff he finally brought little "Camo" home (Camilion's name not verified). Jewell was brave and held camo while BJ tried to feed him some dinner, but I think he was a little stressed out from the days activities. I'll have to get a better picture of him later. Oh he also got a praying mantis!

No comments: