Monday, September 22, 2008

It's inevitable...

Well people, it's beginning. This is what it looks like outside right now...

Am I happy about this? No. Because you know what this means? It means winter is coming. That blasted season that living in Las Vegas allowed me to avoid for the first 18 years of my life.

*Reasons I hate winter:

1. I don't like being cold.

2. I don't like the bottom half of my pant legs soaking wet all day because I had to walk somewhere in the nasty slush.

3. No more going outside and kicking the soccer ball whenever I want. Now there's white stuff in the way.

4. The She Devil struggles in the snow.

5. What am I supposed to wear to church?! Tights? Ugh.

*Now to be fair, winter isn't a total loss. I do like it for a couple of reasons:

1. Christmas

2. Hockey season!

3. I'll admit, it's beautiful (just as long as I can view it from the comfort of my warm home and not have to walk out in it).

4. I don't have to be as creative with my outfits. I just put on whatever miss matched thing I want, throw on my coat or hoodie, and call it good.

5. "If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant." - Anne Bradstreet

1 comment:

Ben said...

Ugh. My wife and I were cold walking back from the library last night, and both of us expressed our hatred for winter.