Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Senior Year


I stole this from Kelley Brasier who posted it on her Facebook profile. I thought it looked like fun might give people a small glimpse into my high school experience, so here it goes.


Centennial High School

1. Did you date someone from your school?

2. Did you marry someone from your high school? Not likely

3. Did you drive to school or ride the bus? Drove (seminary before school and sports after school, the bus was usually not an option)

4. What kind of car did you have? 1985 Chevy Nova (Class of 2004 “Worst Car” award, Yeah Baby!)

5. What kind of car do you have now? ’96 Mercedes Benz

6. It is Friday night now...where are you? Uh…Hopefully out on a date, more likely watching a movie, wishing I was playing hockey

7. It was Friday night then...where were you then? Babysitting (Thanks to the Brasiers for keeping me employed J) or hanging out with friends

8. What kind of job did you have in high school? Babysitting, Latter-day Book, and teaching sports classes to kids at Becker Community Schools

9. What kind of job do you have now? At the moment, an internship with the Church History Dept. of the LDS Church

10. Did you play a team sport? I would say so!! Lot's of them.

11. Were you considered a flirt? Haha, NO

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Nope

13. Were you a nerd? I’d like to think I wasn’t but, I took Calculus.

14. Were you a jock or a cheerleader? A cheerleader? Please…

15. Did you get suspended or expelled? No, I like rules.

16. Can you sing the fight song? Did we have one? “Stand up and shout for Centennial, the Bulldogs will always prevail…”

17. Who was/were your favorite teachers? Fish, Cerrone, Mitch Danger, but I would have to say Mrs. Mays is my favorite because, let’s face it, she’s the ONLY reason I passed the Calculus AP test (which meant I didn’t have to take it in college, hallelujah).

18. Where did you sit during lunch? At a circular table with my cross country peeps (Hey Laura and Melissa, do you have any gum?)

19. Were you a superlative? "Most likely to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated," ya, that didn't happen :)

20. When did you graduate? 2004

21. What was your school mascot? Bulldogs

22. Did you ever TP anyone's house? Oh yes, the Mathews Mafia is well known at Palo Verde High School for a single brilliant TP-ing job (Remember that Mathews cousins?). Oh, and we once got rear ended, ON PURPOSE, by some drunk kids who thought we were TP-ing their house but it was really the one next door (Remember that Ali, Andy, and Preston?)

23. Did you have fun at the prom? what was the song? I sure did! And I definitely don’t remember the song because thankfully Mike didn’t like dancing either.

24. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? Not really, but I saw him at the store in Provo a couple of months ago!

25. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Ya, I think it would be fun. And it will be easy because I still live relatively close.

26. Do you still talk to people from school? Definitely

27. Did you ever sneak out of the house? No way, 1) My room’s on the 2nd floor and I’m a chicken, 2) I didn’t have a single reason to sneak out, and 3) See #15

28. Who was your favorite band? Honestly, whatever my brothers were listening to. They were usually in charge of the radio.

29. What are/were your school's colors? Navy and Carolina Blue

30.If you could go back and do it again, would you? Mmm, I had a good time, but I’m happy to have moved on.

This was the only picture I already had on my computer from high school. Ali and I got our picture in the newspaper along with an article and then the next week we raced Palo Verde in a dual meet. We ran as a pack most of the way and on top of that Ali and I made a wrong turn! Well, one Palo girl beat us and sure enough when we crossed the finish line we could hear people telling the winner, "You beat the newspaper girls! You beat the newspaper girls!" Really?

3 comments:

Jessica and Rod said...

of course I remember the mathews mafia. you know, that was the only house I ever tp-ed!

Little Megs said...

I'm so glad you remember that! Man we did a good job (especially seeing as we had some first-timers :))

Jeanette said...

meghan...i miss you. and all of that.