Thursday, August 13, 2009

Trips

Logandale/Lake Mead/Family Reunion/Grandpa's Cabin
At the end of May we had a Hunt family reunion in Bunkerville, NV. Luckily Preston, BJ, and I were able to get off work (actually I was in between jobs, more details to come) so we were able to go down on Thursday night to spend more time down there. I drove down to Provo, then we took Preston's car down to Cedar City where BJ was living for about a month while he was doing a pharmacy rotation. We stayed the night in Cedar City then drove to Logandale in the morning.

LAKE MEAD
Preston wakeboarding






WyWy found a good place to nap :)











Aunt Megan and Ben














The wakeboarders













The other boat














Gm and Gp Hunt









FERLIN HUNT FAMILY REUNION (Bunkerville, NV)
The Bunkerville Chapel

Ferlin and Verda Hunt


Story time!


Chelseigh and Ethan with the awesome t-shirts they made


Gm Julia and I, she just turned 91 yrs old!

Bunkerville Cemetery

Some of the cousins (front: Chelseigh, Wyatt, Marissa.
Middle: Mackae, Mallory, me. Back: Jake, Preston, BJ)

So as we left the cemetery I decided to go in my Uncle Adam's car, and not 5 minutes later we get a call that my parents had a little...mishap. Somebody made a left turn right into them as they were pulling into a gas station.
Preston talking to the cops

I'm thinking this worked out though because now they have this...

Pretty sweet car if you ask me.

The Cabin

The fishermenPreston's catchMy grandpa'sMmm, mm Dutch oven
St. George
A couple weeks after the family reunion some friends and I took a trip down to St. George for the weekend. Paul's grandma and grandpa live on a golf course down there and they wanted some free golf :). We had a pretty big group so some stayed at Paul's gm's place while the rest of us stayed at Rachel and Brian's gm's house on the other side of the city. It was such a fun, relaxing weekend.

Views from Paul's grandparents house...so beautiful!!

The boys found a big gila monster in the backyard and of course HAD to play with it


Ely
The next week Preston was talking to our cousin Sheena. She and her husband Joe had decided to join the church and she wanted to invite us to the baptism! BJ couldn't get off work on such short notice but Preston and I drove the 4+ hours out to Ely for the occasion.

It was such a good feeling to be there with my family (Gp and Gm Hunt, Uncle Andy, Aunt Paula, Marissa and Jake) and see another member of the family, someone I love so much, take that important step and be baptized. After the baptism we went to dinner together, then went and saw Sheena's house which I've never been too before. Preston and I then turned around and went straight back to SLC. On the drive home it was pitch black, as in no sign of life for at least 30 miles around. It was actually pretty fun driving in the dark...the only ones on the road...if we break down...or eaten by a bear... .... ... there's no one to hear us scream. Aaaaahhhh!!

No comments: