Sunday, May 18, 2008

The new love of my life...

As much as everyone would want it to be, no, it's not a boy...it's HOCKEY! I started playing ice hockey last year and I've loved every minute of it. It is seriously the funnest thing ever! A lot of people wonder why I didn't play sports in college, and maybe they're disappointed in me, but I'm glad I didn't. I have had so many opportunities that I never would have had if my life was consumed with college sports. For one, I would have had to concentrate on just one sport, which if anyone knows me, it just ain't happening. I'm an equal opportunity athlete - at one point in college I was on 4 intramural teams (ultimate frisbee, football, soccer, basketball) and a hockey team. It...was...aaaawesome!! Anyway, I never thought in a million years that I would be able to start playing a sport like hockey at age 21. But I did! I started with one summer of beginners coed league and now I'm on a women's team called SheROX. Here's a picture of my team...

(Back Row L-R: Jimmy (Coach), Diana, Jen, Lindsay, Becky, Jess, Megan, Kelsey, Anthony (Coach), Front Row L-R: Meghan, Kellie, Dina (Bean), Dayna, Katie)

At the beginning of April we played in the Ogden Ice Breaker Tournament and took 2nd place! Not bad for a first year team with only 7 or so games under our belt. One of my favorite parts of the tournament was when my friend Melissa and I combined for a goal. I had the assist and she put it on the board! (I may have a video later). But my favorite part of the tournament and the biggest surprise for me was when I was given the team MVP award! Here are some pictures...




I play Center for the team which is perfect because it's similar to positions I've played in other sports. It's kind of a play maker position, and you also have to be everywhere on the ice which is my speciality :) My goal this year is to work on my shot and become a mad goal scorer! If you want to talk to me get ready to talk hockey because right now it's my favorite subject! Go SheROX!!

No comments: