Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One year older and wiser too...

Well, Preston and I turned the big 2-3 today. I don't have anything profound to say except for this...

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop to look around once in a while, you might miss it."
-Ferris Bueller

Every time a birthday comes around I'm reminded how lucky I am to have a twin brother. And not just any twin brother--I'm lucky to have Preston. No matter what life threw at me, especially during those oh so fun school days, I always knew I had at least one friend. One person who loved me for me, without any conditions. One person to walk home with, play around with, and have a conversation with. He's always supported me and included me. I look up to him in so many ways. It's been so much fun growing up together, helping each other mature and become the kind of people we hope to be. Having him gone for 2 years on his mission stunk for me. I hated not being able to talk to him whenever I wanted. When he came up to BYU life was great. We lived in the same complex for 2 years and it was so fun! He'd just drop by all the time to chat, watch a movie, or get some free food :).

But really, I feel like having him as such a major part of my life has prepared me for future relationships. In other words, I feel like I know, at least in a small part, what it's like to love someone so much that you'd do anything for them. That even though you fight sometimes, at the end of the day, you want more than anything for them to be happy. You need that person in your life who knows you so well that they can cool your temper, bring you back to reality, or make you feel like you're worth a million bucks with just a smile or a few simple words. Preston can do that for me. (Now I just need to find a non-brother version... but that's a whole 'nother beast :))

Happy Birthday Preston! Love you!

Now, at the risk of embarrassment and public harassment, I've posted some "through the years" pictures for your viewing pleasure...




3 comments:

Don and Kelley said...

Happy Birthday guys! We love ya!

ksdavis6 said...

Meg- Happy birthday, it was awesome talking to you the other day. nOw all you have to do is come visit me:) I hope you had a wonderful day, tell Preston happy birthday from us. love ya, sonya

Chris and Elaine said...

Happy Birhday to you and Preston! I hope you had a great day!