Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Indeed!

If you've been reading my blog for awhile you may remember one of my first posts entitled Girly Girl. In that post I discussed the awful reality that I had never seen Pride and Prejudice - and in fact knew nothing at all of the story - until college ::GASP!::  I know, right?! And even then I only watched the 2 hour version with Keira Knightley. Finally, FINALLY, about two years ago I got in step with every other woman in America and watched the 5 hour version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. And...I...LOVED it!! Holy moly, I have been deprived.

Now I'm like a madwoman, watching any and all of these movies I can get my hands on. I can't be stopped. The catalyst and channel through which I have seen many of these glorious films is the Sunday night movie club my friends and I started. We've given ourselves the name, "Indeed!" because we're pretty sure someone utters that word in every single movie we watch, so we think it's appropriate. We primarily watch British period films adapted from authors like Jane Austen, Elizabeth Gaskill, L.M. Montgomery, and Charles Dickens with some musicals and other films thrown into the mix.

Movie club 2011 with one of our favorite books: Gary Gessel (War and Peace), Carli Rackham (Anna Karenina), Lis Thomas (Persuasion), Sara Thomas (Auntie Mame), Meghan Mathews (Emma), Brittany Gilson (Jane Eyre)

I think we're acting proper...or something like that.
I have been reborn. These films are now the butter to my bread, the ketchup to my fries, the hockey to my sports reportoire. I honestly can't get enough. And we don't just watch one version of these movies either - we watch all of them! I've even seen the Bollywood musical version of Pride and Prejudice called "Bride and Prejudice". Yep, that's right.

We also took our movie club on the road in 2010 and went to the Shakesperean Festival in Cedar City where we saw Pride and Prejudice and Much Ado About Nothing. We met Bro. and Sis. McGregor down there who went to the shows with us and we saw Mallory and our friend Adan Reiser's parents. Good times.



Lis, Sara, and I also went and saw 'Persuasion' at BYU, and we absolutely loved the new version of Jane Eyre that came out last year.


I wish I would have kept up on the blog and recorded all of the movies we've watched but here's a few:


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I may be considered a dork but I LOVE Bride and Prejudice, I eve own it and know all the music to it (I may even have a copy of the soundtrack :D).

Little Megs said...

Haha nice Beth! I don't think you're a dork at all, in fact, this post was kind of about how I don't think this stuff is dorky at all anymore :) Or if it is, I'm one of them!!