Monday, June 16, 2008

Dad

I've been sitting here trying to put into words how amazing my dad is, how much I love him, how much I depend on him, and how much I pray every day for a man just like him.

He really is just a big kid who always made life fun. Whether it was voice imitations, hog-ties, riding roller-coasters, writing notes to clean up the laundry room and signing it "The Management," or advocating boxing matches between 4 year olds and encouraging his little girl to "Come on, throw a punch!" And I swear in another life he was a sports commentator. He seems to always predict what they're going to say! I love the conversations we have about sports and life. He's so smart and wise. And he's the perfect size to snuggle up against.

But perhaps more importantly, he taught me to be a good person, and to always put my best foot forward. He taught me by example how to persevere through life's challenges, because challenges will come. He taught me what it means to live your religion every single day. He is solid as a rock in the gospel, quietly showing by the way he lives his life what it means to truly be a Latter-day Saint.

He is strong, loyal, capable, faithful, loving, understanding, honorable, wise, fun, and just plain amazing. I love you so much dad! Thank you for being you...

Grandpa Mathews

I love my Grandpa Mathews so much! He is so faithful to the church and to his family. I don't think there's anywhere he'd rather be than with his family. He has seen so much in his life that often I wish I could just once look at the world through his eyes. I recently watched an interview with Tim Russert (RIP) who wrote a book entitled Wisdom of Our Fathers, and in the interview he said what children remembered most about their father's and grandfather's was their hands. That's true with my Gp. Mathews. I love holding his hands, they're so strong and able, and worn from years of work. I love seeing in his eyes how proud he is of me, it's worth more than words can say.

Plus, he's my fitness hero. The man exercises more than I do!

Grandpa Hunt
I love my Grandpa Hunt so much! He can build/fix/assemble anything, he is dedicated to his family almost to a fault, and he cooks the meanest dutch oven chicken this side of the Mississippi! I love being around him, he just has this strength about him that is so comforting, and he works harder for his family than any man I have every seen. I love you grandpa!


3 comments:

Julie said...

hahaha I should try writing notes to Michael to clean stuff and mark it "the management". that's too funny.

we'll be in provo until august 15th. so we have to do something in the next 2 months!!

Little Megs said...

ok seriously! I will be down for hockey this Saturday, maybe we can plan something.

Lisa Mc said...

Meghan I found your blog off Kelly B. blog. I was so excited!! Is is o.k. to put your link on mine and on the ward relief society blog?
www.mcintyrebabies.blogspot.com
Emily is going to UVU she lives in winterhaven.