Saturday, June 7, 2008

Malodorousness and Warm Fuzzies

Well, I stink. No really, I stink. There is some major stinkiness going on (Def: the attribute of having a strong offensive smell, [syn: malodorousness (I thought the word was funny)]. And instead of taking a shower right now, as I'm sure anyone in the room with me would be praying for, I'm writing this delightful blog. Now rather than be boring and tell the story myself, I decided I'd let the back of my car do it.

As I was at the gas pump this afternoon on my way home, I opened the back door of my car and found this...


I just had to laugh because you see, I hate having junk linger in my car for days on end. It's ALWAYS clean. So this is all from today!

On with the story. I had hockey practice this morning in Provo (First practice of the summer! Yesss!) which explains the abnormally large black bag and hockey stick. And just in case you're not familiar with hockey, it gives football a run for its money as the stinkiest sport. Taking a shower after hockey practice is a MUST. And I always bring a hat because helmet hair isn't the prettiest sight you've ever seen! Hence my little travel bag behind the passenger seat. See, I was going to take a shower at Melissa's in an effort to not offend anyone with my malodorousness. But then, she said her ward was having a bbq and invited me, hence the grocery bag with Doritos. After the BBQ we played volleyball with some friends in her ward, adding on to the stinkiness. Then I went to run some errands, and got a call from Jonica (from my hockey team), asking if I could sub for her at her soccer game later that night. Well, I can't pass that up, right?! The only problem was that I didn't have my cleats or shin guards. So I met up with her and she let me borrow hers. Hence another grocery back with her cleats and shin guards. Then, during half time of the soccer game I was walking to a drinking fountain when a guy stopped me and asked if I wanted to play with their team who was playing in the game right after mine ended. WHEW! How could I pass up more free soccer??


Finally after my last game I started on my way home where the first thing on my list was to take a nice long shower. Then...BJ called me and wanted to go to the Chronicles of Narnia. Well, I've been wanting to see that for a while (that Prince Caspian is hot stuff!), so when I got home I only had about 1/2 hour to shower. I didn't even get to wash my hair! Ugh, where's that dang hat!?

Oh, and I must be related to Dana Mathews or something because that hockey gear in the foreground of the picture is for Preston and I got a kickin' deal on it!! Workin' the system!

Part 2 of this post is all about "warm fuzzies." I love getting warm fuzzies and I got a few of them today. First, I really didn't feel like I played that well during my first soccer game, especially since I was just wearing regular shoes and therefore was slipping EVERYWHERE! But then after the game these guys from the other team (who I thought were really good) asked me, "Where did you play? Did you play in college?" When I said no, they shook there heads and said, "Wha?" You should try out or something cause you're really good." That totally made my day! Then in my next game I totally biffed a shot and said - louder than I meant to - "Ugh! I stink!" (pun intended). And the goalie from the other team was like, "Uh, you really don't actually." And then a guy on my team said, "Ya, you're good." Man, that just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!

So despite the lack of hygiene for most of the day, it was great! I feel like


p.s. Don't judge me! I take showers ok!?!

1 comment:

Julie said...

man i am glad you got to take a shower...i have been wondering what that stench was in the utah air! =) haha just kidding. i am glad you found our blog! we'll be having another get together sometime soon! i'll let you know when we decide when to do it.