Sunday, June 29, 2008

Man I know how to pick 'em!

Yesterday some friends and I left at 6 in the a.m., drove down to Zion National Park, hiked Angel's Landing, went to In and Out, then drove back (post forthcoming). I got home at 2:00 this morning and and needless to say I was tired. So I opted to ditch out on my 9am church and go to Rachelle's ward that meets at 1 instead. Well I must be a smart cookie, or all-knowing, either one, because as I sat down at the beginning of sacrament meeting and started talking to Rachelle she pointed to a certain speaker on the stand. The one and only Russell M. Nelson

was there because his granddaughter is in the ward and is leaving on a mission. Score! What are the chances of that!?? He only talked for about 2 minutes but it was packed with awesomeness. He counseled that when it comes to dating we should strive to be worthy of a good person. He said that we need to try to keep the long range point of view at the forefront of our minds because it's so easy to become task oriented in todays world. He concluded by saying that we often spend so much time trying to satisfy others' expectations of what we are to be (in our jobs, dating, etc.) - which can be necessary at this stage in our lives - but in the end we must set our own expectations, and keep our eyes focused on what we want to become and the goals we want to attain. Then one day "you will be welcomed home by your Heavenly Father WITH your family."

Plus they had ice cream after the meetings. Icing on the cake.

2 comments:

Lisa Mc said...

Wow Meghan, What a great day for you! I loved what he said! I told Em to make sure she read your blog. He is such a wise man. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

whoa. that's freaking awesome. what are the odds? this is me making a comment on your blog so you know that I read it.