Wednesday, June 11, 2008

UEFA Euro 2008

I love this time of year! Why you ask? Because it's summer and the weather is beautiful? Nah. It's because in my opinion, this is the best time of the year for sports. You've got the Stanley Cup (awesome this year! Except I wanted the Penguins to win) and the UEFA Euro soccer tournament!

Soccer every night - in English! woop woop.
These guys started qualifying for this tournament in 2006, and the winner is on their way to the 2010 World Cup! That's one thing I love about international soccer, winning cups are really special because you've been working for it for sometimes 4 years. It's like the Olympics.

Right now I'm watching Czech Republic vs Portugal and it's pretty exciting! 2-1 with 13 minutes to go, Portugal is in the lead.

So turn it on all you soccer fans! Oh wait, you probably have it on already. So everyone else who thinks they don't like the game...turn it on and get ready for some quality soccer!

(Stadium in Salzburg...so awesome)

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Meg!! You are the coolest chick ever - stop by my blog anytime, you soccer prodigy.

ksdavis6 said...

Meghan- i am so happy to hear from you!! What are you up to? I am in vegas for a week, because kris is working at the olympic trials for wrestling. I am at my sisters. Anyway I am so excited to look at your blog, you look so good, where are your brothers and is mallory still in hs? take care, sister davis

Anonymous said...

Megan i'm on your side!! Soccer rules! Can't wait for 2010!
Zach Brasier

Anonymous said...

Thanks Zach! I knew I could count on you!

p.s. I love your screen name "xcflyboy" PERFECT for you!