Sunday, June 1, 2008

Internship

Well in April I graduated from BYU
and now I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. In the meantime, I was hired as an intern in the Church History Dept. of the church. I really like the job so far and everyone is so nice and so willing to help me with any questions I have. I'm working with the historic sites group who is responsible for writing Historic Site Guides that missionaries will use to tell the history of their particular site and organize tours of it. Right now I'm doing research on the St. George Tabernacle

and more particularly, I'm trying to trace the history of the clock and bell, as well as the all-seeing eye painted inside...



It's such a great opportunity to work for the church, and you couldn't ask for a better environment! My first week there I met Elder Marlin K. Jensen, the Church Historian! It was great.

I'm also working a little bit on the John Johnson Home Guide. The John Johnson Home was where Joseph received many revelations including "The Vision" (D&C 76) and where he was tarred and feathered. The Johnson family was amazing and literally gave everything they had to the church.

Anyway, there's a little update on what I'm doing.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I love the blog! I am glad to hear that you are staying out of trouble. Jake and I have a blog too if you want to check it out: jakemarissa.blogspot.com