Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day

(Back Row, L-R: Paul, Preston, Dad, BJ, Uncle Alan, Mark (holding Bruce), Front Row, L-R: Nikki, Meghan, Grandpa, Mallory, Christie, Mandy (holding Rachel))

Last weekend was great! My parents came up to Salt Lake for the weekend (not to see me mind you, but so my mom could get some genealogy stuff...whatev). Well we packed alot into the weekend. Here's what we did...

Saturday
  • Visited my grandpa Mathews' sister LaRae in Roy so she could give my mom her old family photos and genealogy
  • went bowling with my cousins
  • played guitar hero (My dad actually tried it and did pretty well, until he forgot to strum the guitar for the first 30 seconds of his 2nd game. Oops. Well, way to go dad for trying something new!)
Sunday
  • Church
  • went to Brigham City to hang out with my cousin Mark and his cute little fam, and played a little frisbee
  • went up to Hyrum to visit and put flowers on my grandma Mathews' grave
  • went to dinner (I know, we're bad, just don't report this to the Bishop ok?!)
  • got stuck on the freeway for like an hour and no one knows why. There was no construction. No accident. who knows???
  • went to Wal-mart to bug my cousin Tyler who had to work practically the whole time we were there
Monday
  • went swimming in the hotel pool
  • tried to go to the driving range but it was closed cause of the rain..what about us die hards? Open that baby up I say!!
  • so we went bowling instead...again
    • Preston made up a new form of bowling that he and BJ termed "sweetness." They don't put their thumb in the ball, but just hold it like a running back with the football, then throw with a lot of spin. It's not very effective or consistent, but they're determined to perfect the "art" of "sweetness." Well, Preston, BJ and Tyler bowled this way the whole time. My dad just kept shaking his head at them and refused to acknowledge their relation :)
  • went to see BJ's place
  • us kids treated mom and dad to ice cream for their anniversary (which was on May 22)

(Mark, Brucie, and Gp)

(BJ and Rachel)

(cute Gp Mathews)

(Gp and Bruce...precious)

No comments: