Monday, June 23, 2008

I love good people

Every once in awhile, certain people come into my life that absolutely amaze me. They're the kind of people that make me want to be so much better than I am, yet at the same time can make me feel so good about the imperfect person I know I am.

Working at the museum, I've met several people who make me feel this way. But there's one in particular that I had a long conversation with today. We've talked in the lunchroom, just typical lunchroom chatter. But today we started talking about my plans and goals, likes and dislikes, character traits, and my potential in life. And the great thing is that this man really reminds me of my dad, which is awesome. He has the same wisdom in his advice that is so helpful, yet because he is "outside" the situation he can present it from a different perspective. He helped me to see my situation through new eyes.

Well, we talked about a lot. He was willing to give me all the time I needed to tell my story. And he listened to every word I said with a care and concern typical of a father figure. He didn't have to do that, he barely knows me. I don't think he'll ever know how much I appreciate his advice, as well as the nice helping of "warm fuzzies" I left his office with. It's people like him that are a ray of light in a darkened world.

I thought about telling more of what we talked about but it would probably be a little boring so I've decided to forbear and write the more particular part of this record/event "upon mine other (journal)", (that is, the journal that I write all the juicy-details-that-I-don't-feel-like-telling-you-all in).

p.s. Having worked in special collections I realize that if I ever become a person of note, keeping 2 concurrent journals will be a nightmare to future researchers, however I feel it will serve my purposes nicely and therefore...I'm doing it anyway :).

No comments: