Sunday, June 15, 2008

Meghan the Brave

So on Friday I got out of the shower only to find a disgusting insect in my bathroom. I didn't scream. I don't do that. But I did leave the room to contemplate my next move. I'm saying to myself, "I have to kill it right? Because if I don't it will keep crawling around and I may step on it unsuspectingly!" It was at this point that I had flashbacks of one summer at home when I unsuspectingly stepped on a cockroach...with bare feet. I'll never forget the nasty, popping, crunchy, distustingness of that experience. I'm thinking, "right now it would be really convenient to have a man around to kill this for me." But did I call BJ to come over and kill it? No, I did not. Because I am a big girl and I can do things myself.

So I made up my mind to put it out of its misery (or mine rather), now I just needed to decide on a murder weapon. Paper towel? No, I don't like the crunching in my fingers. A big huge wad of paper towels so I can't feel it? No, then it might get away and crawl on my hand or something. Shoe? Hmmm, that could work, but I don't want one that I wear all the time because then I risk touching bug guts. Plus, what if the bug just squishes on the floor? Then I'll have to find another way to pick it up. Gross. Well, after much deliberation...with myself, I decided to go with a rarely worn shoe and just hope that the flattened victim stayed on it so I could take it outside or something.

Eye of the Tiger goes on my ipod and I'm ready to roll. Nothing can stop me now. I went in the bathroom and spotted him. I waited until he was in a strategically good position by the garbage can and...WHACK! I lifted up the shoe...nothing. Yessss! Easy cleanup. I whacked the shoe on the side of the garbage and he's down for the count. But I didn't want to risk bug guts in my room so I left the shoe in the bathroom to dry off for a day or two.

Ahhh, success is sweet!

p.s. I was going to put a picture of a big, nasty spider for you all but...gross. I don't want to look at that, do you?

No comments: